We want you to love your space. Determining your wants, needs, budget and style preference is the starting point for all of our design projects. The best designs are those that enable you to enjoy the look and feel of your space while functioning efficiently and effortlessly within it. We collaborate with you so that the finished product reflects who you are and the lifestyle you live.
For more than a decade, Entwine Interiors has been an active member of the Chicago area design community. We have established close relationships with a variety of vendors and contractors including master carpenters, lighting specialists, kitchen cabinet manufacturers, plumbing supply vendors, upholsterers, seamstresses and others. Each is an expert in their field and up-to-date on the latest technology, installation methods and product offerings. We work closely with all vendors and contractors throughout the design process to ensure that your project is a success.
Our Design Process
Design projects vary immensely but the process follows a similar pattern. For example, our work on a bathroom renovation would proceed as follows:
1. Initial Consultation
The first step in the design process is an initial consultation at the project site. Lasting up to an hour, the meeting will include a discussion of your goals, budget, style preference and time frame. In order to make sure that we understand exactly what you need, we will touch upon a number of questions including:
Do you want design plans only or would you like us to be involved in both design and construction?
Do you have a preferred contractor?
Do you want us to purchase items (i.e. cabinets, flooring, fixtures, furniture) for you or only specify them?
Would you like us to present you with a wide selection of design options or would you prefer to see only a few?
Knowing how you work and live allows us to better understand your goals and ultimately leads to a more successful project. To achieve this goal, we use a questionnaire as a tool to discover your wants, needs, preferences, time frame, budget and other details.
Within a week of our initial consultation, you will receive a proposal that outlines the project and includes an estimate of the design hours your project will entail.
3. A design questionnaire is filled out together during our first meeting. Style preferences, functional needs, budget and timelines are covered in detail. Magazine clippings are pulled and photos from online idea books are compiled.
4. Measurements of the project space are taken.
5. 3D color drawings are created to show design concepts, furniture layout, color palette and design schemes.
6. AutoCAD floor plans and elevations are generated to show detail which further depicts the design concept.
7. Meetings are held to review initial ideas.
8. Revise designs based on client feedback.
9. Materials, fixtures and cabinetry are selected through samples, photos and shopping.
10. Final materials, fixtures and cabinetry specified and purchased.
11. Meet with contractors to obtain quotes and determine who will be hired.
12. AutoCAD construction drawings are submitted to the contractor.
13. A date is determined for the renovation to begin.
14. Supervision and oversight of the project through completion.
15. Your beautiful new bathroom is complete.